Borderlands 3 Legendary Weapons Guide
It’s no secret that Borderlands 3 plays host to an absolutely incredible arsenal of weaponry. After all, players can select their weapon of choice from a jaw-dropping 1+ BILLION possible combinations! But despite the seemingly endless possibilities, there are a select few that really stand out from their more common counterparts.
We are, of course, talking about Borderlands 3’s legendary weapons; the weapons you’ll spend hours and hours looking for (unless you read our handy guide) in order to decimate any opposition.
There are several ways you can get your hands on the legendary weapons, from beating certain bosses and enemies to spending hard-earned Eridium on slot machines and loot boxes. Finding the best weapons in the Borderlands is no mean feat, but with our weapons guide, you’ll have them in no time.
Legendary Assault Rifles
Is a trusty assault rifle your go-to? Here are your legendary options in Borderlands 3.
- Bekah – Complete 100% of the Hammerlock challenger to get your hands on this shot-splitting beast.
- Hand of Glory – Take down enemies with 2-shot bursts when you’ve completed the Guns of Reliance quest.
- Lead Sprinkler – Billy, the anointed will be dropping this bad boy for you at Jakob’s estate (Eden-6).
Perhaps you like your combat a little more close-quarters? The list of legendary shotguns available is a good one.
- Fearmonger – Captain Haunt will drop this in Heck. Expect four-shot sticky chaos.
- The Garcia – Head to Chonk Stomp in Floodmoor Basin on Eden-6 for an increased chance of this extended mag shotty dropping.
- Nimble Jack – This nimble little number gives you one shot before reloading with a tight damage spread. Yours when it drops from handsome Jackie on Skywell-27.
- The Boring Gun – Isn’t boring. Shoots 3 explosive sawblades towards an enemy. Complete the Lavender Crawley crew challenge to see for yourself.
- The Horizon – There’s an increased chance of The Horizon dropping from Maxitrillion in Voracious Canopy. Can be thrown to create an explosive singularity.
- Vosk’s Deathgrip – An effective crowd control weapon that will drop from Troy Calypso in the great vault on Pandora.
- Creeping Death – Turn your wayward shots into precision enemy-seekers with Creeping Death. Throw your gun at an enemy and your previous shots will home in on them. Head to the Anvil where this legendary weapon will drop from Mother of Grogans.
- Mind-Killer – This weapon will drop from Mouth Piece in Ascencion Bluff on Pandora. This shotgun comes with super-fast recharging and reduced damage spread when ADS.
- One Pump Chump – Extreme damage? Check. 50% chance of not using any ammo? Check. The One Pump Chump is your one-stop-shop for all things up close and personal. You’ll find this one in Lectra City on Promethea.
- Redline – Road Dog in the Splinterlands will drop Redline for you. Expect faster fire rates in sticky mode and when the weapon is charged up.
- Phebert – Uses 2 ammo per shot and has increased damage and hitscan. Wick and Warty in Lectra City are your go-to guys.
Lightweight SMGs more your thing? There are plenty to choose from.
- Smart Gun XXL – You can spawn a Gigamind spider turret when you throw this gun upon reloading. Yep, you guessed it, you’ll find this legendary weapon dropping from Gigamind in Meridian Metroplex on Promethea.
- Hellfire – Jabbermogwai drops this incendiary gun in Voracious Canopy on Eden-6. With high incendiary damage and fire rate, it’s a must-have for any serious player.
- Tsunami – You’ll be firing off random additional shock and corrosive shots and your bullets will even ricochet once whilst using. There’s a high chance of Tsunami dropping from Katagawa Ball on Skywell-27.
- 9-Volt – Killavolt on Promethea will drop this one. Make the most of a triangle of shock rounds, fired in bursts, to take down anything in your way.
- Bankrolled Predatory Lending – Another one to collect from Lavender Crawley via the crew challenge. This one uses money instead of ammo.
- Westergun – With an increased chance of dropping from Private Beans, you’ll need to head over to Dido’s Remorse Cemetary in Athenas. When you’ve got it, you’ll have no recharge timer and high splash damage.
- Cloud Kill – Nice high fire rate and generates a corrosive cloud on impact. Complete the quest ‘Beneath the Meridian’ and it’s yours.
- Vault Hero – This is a VIP legendary. You can swap between shock and corrosive at will but is only accessible as a VIP insider reward.
Legendary Sniper Rifles
For those that like to put a little more range between them and their targets. The legendary snipers in Borderlands 3 provide some great long-range options.
- Crossbow – This single shot, exploding tip beast will drop from Urist McEnforcer in Lectra City on Promethea.
- Tankman’s Shield – Captain Traunt drops this legendary weapon on Athenas. Every kill you get increases the damage dealt by your next clip.
- Headsplosion – Possibly the best-named gun in the game. Headsplosion shoots explosive ammo and critical hits cause 3 rounds to ricochet and can be found when Manvark drops it on Pandora via a crew challenge.
- Stalker – Complete the Bloody Harvest seasonal event to unlock this 3 round burst sniper.
Legendary Heavy Weapons
Are rocket launchers the most fun you can have killing enemies? Quite possibly. You’ve got a couple of legendary options here, both are pretty effective at taking down targets.
- Hive – A slow-moving projectile will make its way towards an enemy before launching smaller homing rockets in their direction. Dealing out 2605 damage, the Hive usually gets the job done. You can find yours when Princess Tarantella II drops it in the Splinterlands on Pandora.
- Stuffed Quadomizer – Fires off 4 rockets at a time, cycling through the elements. The Rampager will drop this weapon for you in the Forgotten Basilica on Promethea.
Ahh, the humble pistol. With the most legendary options of any weapons category, you’re bound to find one you love.
- Linc – The Anointed Alpha in The Anvil on Eden-6 will drop this extremely fast-firing pistol.
- Psycho Stabber – Borman Nates drops this nod to Hitchcock’s classic in the Meridian Outskirts on Promethea. Get a 125% mele boost whilst using it.
- Pestilence – Another pistol with an extremely high rate of fire that can be found in a couple of places. Hyde/Heckle drops this in Jakob’s Estate on Eden-6 as well as Atomic in Tanzendeer Ruins on Nekrotafeyo.
- S3RV-80S-Execute+ – When thrown, this gun will cause any enemies you hit to take increased damage. Captain Traunt will drop this on Athenas when you have Mayhem Mode 4 active.
- Amazing Grace – Complete the Life of the Party quest and this will be your reward. High damage and critical hits return a bullet to the mag. Nice.
- Night Flyer – Seek out Rakkman in his rakk cave in Southwest Carnivora for your shot at owning the Night Flyer. This great pistol delivers super high damage, at a cost. It cannot kill enemies. Enemy health will never go below 1 whilst using this weapon.
- SkekSil – 2 extra rockets will sometimes be fired when wielding SkekSil. Find Skrakk in Ascension and it’s yours.
- Sellout – The reward for completing the quest Sell Out in Ambermire. A quick laser will shoot out and explode as an orb but will, unfortunately, damage the user.
- Occultist – Another legendary weapon you can obtain from Troy Calypso in the Great Vault on Pandora. You’ll be able to fire off a round that is surrounded by incendiary and explosive projectiles. Cool.
- King’s / Queen’s Call – Your reward for all the hard work you put into defeating Tyreen the Destroyer and finishing the Devine Retribution quest. Critical shots with this pistol will ricochet 3 times.
So there you have it – how to find Borderlands 3’s legendary weapons! Remember, this guide we put together will help you get all of the weapons available through completing missions and killing certain enemies but there is a whole host of legendary weaponry that will simply drop at random throughout the Borderlands.